Sunday, July 5, 2009

Effort | Akbar&Fahmad

So the summer is here, and in my house that means its time for me to work. I have been working six days a week around 10 hours a day since the day after exams have started, and to be honest I am already tired. Like I could have got a regular job at a store or something but working in a warehouse is really different and its nice in its own ways. All of us in the back have our own family in a sort, and help each other out. Working there is real fun. I have worked there before but this year things are different.

I have become to be more observant and understanding. I have began to understand what a persons true character is, and how some people or just genuinely nice people. Those genuinely nice people, are the coolest, most relaxed, dope, people to have around. They are truly the people who need to be role models to all of us. I have also began to understand some more things about effort and how important it is.

I am beginning to realize that without effort nothing comes, you must work hard to achieve anything in life. But then on the other hand I see people come to the warehouse who haven't taken a single day off in 18 years (No lie) and haven't achieved what they wanted to. There is also a huge dose of luck and fate in all achievements. Some people work hard sometimes, but the reality is they just got lucky. It happens; and unfortunately these are the stories that everyone hears about. They don't hear about the dude that has been slaving over a stove in his restaurant for years and still hasn't got any recognition.

The thing is that you have to commit, be prepared to put in the effort, and truly believe in what you are doing, without these things you are wasting your time. Put in and honest effort, it is the bare minimum that you can do to give yourself what you truly deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment